Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! Today is the day of love – and the number one person you should be loving is YOU. So many people spend their energy on taking care of others and they forget about themselves. You know how the flight attendants on a plane tell you that you need to put on your oxygen mask before helping others in the event of an emergency? Well…that stands true for self-care as well. Without taking care of yourself, you can’t take care of others!
So, here are 20 ways that you can love yourself – today and every day!
- Eat well. Your body will feel (and perform) it’s best when you feed it nourishing foods.
- Get enough sleep. Same idea as above. You need rest to repair your body.
- It doesn’t matter what you’re doing, as long as you’re moving your body. Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good!
- Get a massage. Not only does this help any sore muscles, but it feels amazing!
- Do your nails. Whether it’s going to the salon or grabbing a $3 bottle of polish from Target, you’ll feel awesome afterwards.
- Cuddle up with a furry friend. Pets have been known to reduce stress.
- Take a bubble bath. Light some candles, put on some relaxing music…ahhh.
- Buy a flattering outfit. When you look good, you feel good.
- Take some time to clean. I ALWAYS feel great when I have a clean house!
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Laugh a little (or a lot). Watch a funny movie, read a funny book, spend time with funny friends.
- Listen to your favorite music. Definitely puts me in a great mood.
- Spend time in nature. Nothing relaxes you like being in fresh air.
- Cut out negativity. There’s never a good reason to keep that negative person, job, or situation in your life.
- Compliment yourself. And mean it. Yes, you’re a badass.
- Spend some time alone with yourself. Turn off your phone. Disconnect.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you need help, you need help – we’re all human.
- Try something new. Challenge yourself. Step out of your comfort zone. You might surprise yourself at how strong you are!
- Stand up for what you believe in.
- Realize that you are incredibly freaking awesome, and no one can change that!
Share with me: How do you practice self-love?