YOU GUYS. HOLD THE PRESS. IT’S BEEN A YEAR SINCE I HAD SURGERY!
That’s right. 365 freaking days since my life changed. This year has FLOWN by, and I am totally shocked. More than shocked though, I am totally excited to share with you my one year post-op health results!
- I went from 381 lbs to 245 lbs!
- I went from a size 28/30 to a size 18/20 on the bottom
- I went from a size 3x/4x to anywhere from a size XL to 1X on top
- Even my feet shrunk (how weird is this!?)
- I used to not be able to walk around the block, and next weekend I’m running my first 5k
- My confidence is through the roof!
- I don’t need a seatbelt extender on an airplane anymore
- I can fit into my bathtub with room to spare – same with chairs that have arms
- My back pain that I had when walking or standing too long is completely gone
- All of my lab tests came back amazing, including my A1c, blood sugar, cholesterol, and vitamin levels
I am so incredibly glad I made this life changing decision. Has it been easy? Absolutely not. Worth it? You bet your ass. Every day is still a battle with food for me, but less from an eating disorder perspective and more from a “is this going to make me sick?” perspective. I have a list of foods in my head that I know are safe for me (salmon, chicken, eggs, etc) and foods my body pretty much outright rejects (anything with too much sugar, pizza, any form of Chinese food). I stick to what I know and am becoming more proficient when going out to dinner.
My body hurts so much less as well. I have so much more energy, and I even sleep better. All of my muscle/joint pain is gone (save for when I run, but let’s face it – I am getting old so I expect a little bit of that).
I cried when I stepped on the scale this morning. It’s the lowest number I’ve seen in my lifetime that I can remember. It’s not where my surgeon wants me, nor is it where I want myself – but that is only further motivation to keep going strong.
I could probably blather on forever, but they say that pictures are worth a thousand words, so here are a few!
Heaviest weight: ~381 lbs.
Lightest weight: ~245 lbs.
Share with me: what healthy victories have you had lately?