This may be the best protein donut (ok, I am giving in – sometimes I call them “pronuts” haha) I have made yet! Good texture, and amazing flavor. The glaze totally adds another dimension that I wasn’t sure was possible in a protein donut. If you like cinnamon, this recipe is definitely for you!
I also managed to NOT overfill the donut molds this time! I finally got normal-looking donuts!
- ½ cup snickerdoodle protein powder (I used PE Science Snickerdoodle)
- ¾ cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- ½ cup egg whites
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ scoop snickerdoodle protein powder
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Add egg whites and almond milk until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into 6 donut molds.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
- While the donuts are cooling, mix together all of the ingredients for the glaze.
- Spoon the glaze over the donuts and let harden.
- Enjoy! You’ll be hooked!
Recipe adapted from Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate