Okay – show of hands – who else LOVES Cinnabon? I can’t be the only one. I love the smell of it in the airport or the mall…the ooey gooey frosting…GAH. Making myself hungry. However, I don’t like that one cinnamon roll is like, 800 calories. For real…goodness. BYE FELICIA. I have been on the search for something that tastes like Cinnabon, but without the insane calories and fat. Not to mention sugar – me eating Cinnabon now would be a straight path to dumping.
Anyway, I ran across this recipe on Food Faith Fitness (amazing recipes there too, ya’ll) and knew right away I needed to make it. I made a few adjustments though – this was way super cinnamon-y and a little too sweet for me. If you’re into that, I suggest making it the way the original recipe calls for.
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder (I used PE Science Gourmet Vanilla)
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut sugar (if you want less carbs, use sweetener)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 4-5 tsp. water
- ½ cup oats (I used steel cut, but you can use rolled oats. Just make sure they’re the quick-cooking kind)
- ½ cup milk (I used fat-free Fairlife, but you can use any kind you want)
- ¼ cup vanilla skyr (you could use vanilla Greek yogurt too)
- In a small bowl, mix together the protein powder, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Add in the water teaspoon by teaspoon until the mixture is thick, but spreadable.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the oatmeal, milk, and skyr until well mixed. Spread over the cinnamon mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours, but overnight is best!
- When you’re ready to eat, mix everything up so you get cinnamon goodness in every bite!
Share with me: what’s your favorite overnight oats recipe?