I love pizza. Like a lot. However, since I had surgery, it’s been a food that has been difficult to eat. I am not sure if it’s the bread, or the ooey-gooey fattening cheese, or the acidic sauce. The last few times I’ve tried traditional pizza, it didn’t sit well. I refuse to give up pizza, so I went on the search for something new.
Enter bell pepper pizzas.
Peppers have a mild enough flavor that it doesn’t overwhelm other ingredients, making it the perfect vehicle to get that cheese into my mouth. They are easy to make and keep well overnight too.
Give it a try! Might become your new fave!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 large green bell pepper
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated cheese (or less, but I really like cheese)
- Toppings of your choice
- Pre-heat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After washing, slice off each of the four sides of your pepper and lay flat on a baking sheet. Make sure it’s clean of seeds!
- Top with sauce, then cheese, followed by toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flipping your oven to broil towards the end to make the cheese nice and bubbly.
That’s it! Simple, huh?
Share with me: what are your favorite pizza toppings?